feverish


World Cup fever

Yay! 2006 World Cup has started! If you are not aware that we are in the middle of the World Cup, you must be living under a rock! Even here in the Philippines, where soccer is far from the most popular sport, you'll find people (like me) suddenly claiming national heritages you never realized they had - especially if "their" team/teams happens to be winning. So far, the teams that I've been cheering for has been doing good for the first week of the event.

Unfortunately, I haven't watched a game. I just got a glimpse of one match between Potugal and Iran because my uncle was watching a stupid wrestling show. The cable TV we have wont give us live telecast of the game sometimes even replays. Last week, I planned to watch the opening even if it was a replay. What was on the sports channel was a boring golf game. I waited for 1:00am just for nothing. So, I called the cable TV and the operator told me to subscribe for a paperview. For 6,000 pesos I could enjoy watching the game for the entire season. Come on! That's just not practical. Despicable act! Pwe! Once every four years of World Cup, they sure know how to make money. If only I knew this would happen, I should have switched to Destiny. So, I call all SkyFlakes subscribers and especially the Football fans, to BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!!! So, who's with me? err..Nobody? OK, well mabye not.. I just hope that our country could compete on the next World Cup.


Buddy system

Finally, someone who I could talk to in school about the World Cup. In high school, during the 2002 World Cup season in Korea and Japan, I was the only guy in our class who was watching the game. I suppose therea were also few from our class and from the others, but I don't talk to them about the matches. So anyway, Barnard (World Cup buddy, who created a fantasy league at Yahoo and invited me to join, but I still haven't joined his league) found out that Mandarin Oriental (Makati) and Fridays is showing World Cup games live and uncut! The drawback, The fee costs 350 pesos. It's quite expensive though, but it's consumable... We planned to watch the finals in Fridays, Robinson's Malate. Got to start saving! I have a lot to spend (ouch) this term...

0 comments: