It's OKay not to be OKay

That is the latest lesson I've learnt. It's only taken me 20+ years to begin to understand something that other people master by the age of 3, but that's okay ;)

So, in other words, it's alright not to 'cope' all the time, it's okay to tell people close to you when you are unhappy with how they have treated you and feeling sad/happy/angry/pissed off etc etc is fine too. Keeping it all inside doesn't help and just makes things exponentially worse. It's okay when everything seems to go wrong like having a bad day or a quarrel or something even worse 'coz sooner or later everything will work out fine..ahm..am I making any sense?

It is also okay to give yourself a break and not beat yourself up when you are less than perfect - a lesson it took me over twenty years until I was forced to learn it.

I wouldn't worry. I'll get there one day....

0 comments: